Cement rendering is the most affordable way to transform your walls into visually stunning masterpieces. Cement rendering aims to create a smooth and more attractive appearance on a previously coarse surface. Cement render is the most commonly used form of render mainly due to its cost-effectiveness.
Cement Rendering Services In Sydney
Are you tired of your bland-looking walls? Our team at Finishing Touch Rendering are the cement rendering experts in Sydney. We are known for our great service, punctuality, and effective work ethic. Our clients have known us for our quality rendering services for residential as well as commercial properties for over 15 years.
Our cement rendering services are considered very highly by Sydney builders and homeowners because we adopt a strategy to satisfy our clients where we not only take care of their interests but also their budget. We have a team of highly talented and creative tradesmen who work hard to meet the expectations of our clients on every single project we work on.
Generally, when you are looking for cement rendering services in Sydney, you want contractors who have gained years of expertise in both residential and commercial cement rendering projects. Our team at Finishing Touch Rendering have successfully handled hundreds of cement rendering projects in both fields, having over 15 years of experience and expertise.
What Is Cement Rendering?
Cement render is a paste-like substance that can be applied to interior and exterior walls. Traditionally it is made from a combination of sand and lime mixed with water to form a strong, cohesive paste. Modern cement renders often have bonding agents added to them to make them more durable and assist them in sticking to walls.
The purpose of cement rendering is to create a smooth finish on an irregular surface. The thickness of cement render can vary based on the amount of render needed to create a smooth, straight finish on the wall.
The lime in the render mix prevents cracking when the cement render mix dries and begins to harden. Traditionally, two types of sand are used in rendering, coarse and fine sand, with coarse sand used for the first coat render and finer sand used for the final or top coat render.
If you're wondering why people render their houses or fences with cement, the main benefit is that it creates a smoother and more attractive appearance on the previously coarse surface. It can create the perfect look for your walls, fence and retaining walls, complementing the style of your home or completely transforming it.
What Are The Advantages Of Cement Rendering?
- Cost Effectiveness: Cement rendering is exceptionally effective as well as affordable. This technique of transforming walls is the most popular for exterior properties across Sydney. From the types of rendering, cement rendering is the most commonly used form of rendering, mainly due to its cost-effectiveness.
- Strength: Cement rendering is the toughest form of rendering used on both interior and exterior walls, and it has been in practice for thousands of years in homemaking. Cement rendering is also the most widely employed form of rendering worldwide. It is hugely popular for its strength, long-lasting protection, and compatibility with a wide range of decorative applications.
- Increase In Property Value: Cement rendering is also an affordable way of upgrading the appearance of your property and raising its value. When you choose Finishing Touch Rendering to provide you with a premium cement rendering result for your project, it can dramatically increase the value of your property.
- Versatility: Cement rendering can be applied to a wide range of surfaces, including concrete, bricks, and AAC concrete panelling, making it a versatile choice for many different types of properties. It can be used on both interior and exterior walls.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Cement rendering offers a fresh, modern look that can be customised to fit your specific design needs. It can be painted, textured, or coloured, allowing you to achieve a wide array of visual effects to enhance the curb appeal of your property.
- Energy Efficiency: Cement rendering adds an extra layer of insulation to your walls, which can help regulate the temperature within your property. This can lead to significant energy savings, especially during extreme weather conditions.
- Durability: Cement rendering is known for its exceptional durability. It provides an extra layer of protection against harsh weather conditions, safeguarding the structural integrity of your property.
- Low Maintenance: Once applied, cement rendering requires minimal maintenance. It doesn't require frequent repainting or touch-ups, making it a cost-effective, long-term solution for both residential and commercial properties.
- Prevent Damage: Cement rendering helps prevent damage from moisture and cracks, ensuring your walls remain strong and stable for years to come.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Cement Rendering?
- Prone To Cracking: Cement rendering is known for its toughness and strength, but this also makes it prone to cracking. However, the flexibility and durability of the cement render can be enhanced with a mixture of certain additives which essentially includes hydrated lime and other elements. If your property is prone to movement, we recommend acrylic rendering for its flexibility.
- Not Very Water-Resistant: Cement rendering is not known for its waterproof properties. However, with the application of waterproof paints or texture coatings, you can efficiently protect cement-rendered walls from moisture damage.
- Time-Consuming Application: The process of cement rendering can be quite labour-intensive and time-consuming. It requires proper preparation of the surface, precise mixing of the render, and skilful application to ensure an even, smooth finish. This is not a DIY-friendly task and typically requires the expertise of professionals.
- Periodic Repainting or Resealing: Depending on the environmental conditions and exposure to the elements, cement-rendered surfaces may need periodic repainting or resealing to maintain their aesthetic appeal and protective properties.
- Limited to Certain Climates: Cement rendering is not always the best choice for all climates. In areas with extreme temperature fluctuations, the expansion and contraction of the render can lead to cracking.
However, many of these potential disadvantages can be mitigated with professional application and proper maintenance. At Finishing Touch Rendering, we take pride in offering top-quality cement rendering services in Sydney, helping you avoid these pitfalls and enjoy the many benefits of this rendering technique.
Which Surfaces Can You Apply Cement Render To?
Cement render can be applied to the following surfaces after being appropriately prepared:
- Brick: Cement rendering is often used to modernise brick structures, sealing in aged bricks and giving them a fresh, contemporary look while improving the building's overall thermal efficiency.
- Exterior and Interior Block Walls: Cement render can be applied to both exterior and interior block walls, providing a smooth, polished finish that can be painted or textured to fit your design preferences.
- Concrete: On concrete surfaces, cement rendering can be used to fix imperfections, improve the surface's visual appeal, and provide an additional layer of protection against environmental damage.
- Hebel Blocks or Panels: Being aerated concrete, Hebel blocks or panels can greatly benefit from cement rendering, enhancing their thermal and acoustic insulation properties and improving their fire resistance.
- Fibre Cement Sheets: Applying cement render to fibre cement sheets can enhance their appearance, providing a more seamless, attractive finish that also adds strength and durability.
- Painted Surfaces: Cement render can be applied over painted surfaces after proper preparation, creating a new, fresh base that can be repainted or left as is for a modern, industrial look.
- Blueboard: Cement rendering on Blueboard creates a versatile surface suitable for a wide variety of finishes, enhancing the board's weather resistance and visual appeal.
- Rendered Walls: Existing rendered walls that have become weathered or damaged over time can also be rejuvenated with a fresh layer of cement render.
What Products Do We Use For Cement Rendering?
At Finishing Touch Rendering, we use Boral Cement'sCement's Blue Circle® General Purpose Cement for cement rendering. It is a cost-effective, high-quality building material providing versatility suited very well to cement rendering. It exceeds the requirements for Type GP cement in the Australian Standard AS 3972 and has been widely used for many years.
Find out more about Boral Cement's Blue Circle® General Purpose Cement.
How Much Does Cement Rendering Cost In Sydney?
The general cost of cement rendering starts at a minimum of $35/m2 and usually stays within the price range of $40/m2. This would mean that a home of at least 300 square meters would cost between $10,500 to $12,000. This is, of course, an estimation, and the actual cost will be determined on a project-by-project basis.
A number of factors contribute to the price of a cement rendering project, including your location, the size of your home and the finishing you choose. Also, different types of projects are priced per linear metre or per day of work, so it's best to ask for a quote from Finishing Touch Rendering to get a proper idea of the costs for your unique cement rendering project in Sydney.
What Cement Render Finishes And Designs Do We Provide?
Our expert team at Finishing Touch Rendering can produce many different cement render finishes using tools such as trowels, sponges, or brushes. Some of these special finishing effects may need to be created with texture coating, which is applied on top of the cement render base.
Our highly talented and experienced team members are always working to create a new look for your dream property through our creativity in design, patterns, and finishes as per your requirements. This expertise and dedication have made us one of Sydney's premium cement rendering contractors known for our amazing finishes.
Regarding colour, there are several options for achieving the final colour of the cement render. The first method is the only one where the colour is actually included in the cement, in the form of oxide as a liquid. The oxide colouring will have inconsistencies once mixed in, so the final colour will have varying shades throughout the render, which also changes over time.
The other option is to apply a layer of coloured acrylic render or paint over the cement render after about a month for the final colour. As for which colour to choose, our specialists can test and show you different colours during the mixing stage of the render to determine the best cement colour that should be used for your walls if you choose not to paint.
Feel free to explore our gallery to find design, texture, and colour inspiration for your upcoming cement rendering project. You're sure to find an aesthetic that suits your property perfectly.
Why Choose Finishing Touch Rendering To Be Your Cement Renderers?
At Finishing Touch Rendering, we understand that cement rendering is more than just mixing some render and whacking it up. It is an art form that requires extensive knowledge and skill to achieve the best results. With over 15 years in the industry, we have the expertise to finish your project to the highest standards.
The use of cement render will only be effective if an expert applies it because if the mixtures are inaccurate, the render and plaster will fall off. The preparation of the render surfaces is a crucial part of the rendering process to guarantee that a strong bond of the render occurs.
So, unlike some other cement rendering companies in Sydney, Finishing Touch Rendering never compromise on sand and cement proportion mix for rendering projects. We only use premium products and mix them on-site.
Also, unlike some other Sydney cement rendering companies, our team comprises highly skilled professionals with the knowledge to use cutting-edge technology and materials. Newer techniques used by our tradesmen provide even more amazing results allowing your walls to look as modern as possible.
Contact Us For A Free Quote
For the best cement rendering services in Sydney, contact our experts at Finishing Touch Rendering. We can provide you with a competitive quote and professional insight into the perfect colour, finish and application for your unique project.
If you want more information or have questions regarding our cement rendering in Sydney, our owner and operations director - Ali, is always happy to help!
If you would like a no-obligation free quote, call us on 0421 541 336 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the simple online contact form on our website form, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.Contact Us
Cement Rendering FAQs
Cement rendering is the application of a mixture, typically made of sand, cement, and lime, to exterior and interior brick or concrete walls. It enhances the appearance of walls and provides additional strength and weather resistance.
When properly applied and maintained, cement rendering can last for several decades. The exact lifespan can vary based on factors such as the quality of the application, the weather conditions, and the level of maintenance.
Yes, you can paint over cement rendering. It's typically left to cure for a few days to a week before being painted. Ensure the surface is clean and dry before you start painting.
The drying time for cement render can vary based on the thickness of the application and the weather conditions. Generally, it takes around 2-7 days to dry fully.
Cement render can be applied to a variety of surfaces including brick, concrete, Hebel blocks, fibre cement sheets, painted surfaces, and Blueboard. However, the surface needs to be properly prepared before application.
Cement rendering can enhance the appearance of your property, improve its value, and provide additional strength and protection to the walls. It's also a cost-effective method of transforming properties.
Although cement rendering has many benefits, it can be prone to cracking and is not very water-resistant. However, these issues can be mitigated with the right additives in the mixture and the application of waterproof coatings.
Cement rendered walls require little maintenance. They may need occasional cleaning with a soft brush and mild detergent and periodic repainting or resealing based on environmental conditions.
The cost of cement rendering can vary based on several factors, including the project size, the work's complexity, and the type of finish desired. Contact Finishing Touch Rendering for a detailed quote based on your specific needs.
Finishing Touch Rendering offers highly skilled and professional services. We work closely with our clients to ensure their satisfaction, delivering premium quality cement rendering at competitive prices. We are licensed, certified, insured, and committed to providing top-tier service.
Finishing Touch Rendering proudly serves all areas of Sydney. No matter your location within Sydney, our team is prepared to deliver our premium cement rendering services to you.
Get A Free Quote
Reach out today for a free, no-obligation quote for your project.
Call Ali on 0421 541 336 or use our online contact form below:
Emma, from North Sydney
"I was initially unsure about the type of rendering for my home. When I discussed this with Ali, he took the time to explain the benefits of cement rendering and how it would work best for my property. The team at Finishing Touch Rendering was professional, punctual and left my property clean after the job. I'm thrilled with the results, and my home has never looked better!"
Mark, a resident of Bondi Beach
"I had the pleasure of working with Finishing Touch Rendering on my beachside property. I was concerned about the durability due to exposure to the sea air, but Ali reassured me about the strength of cement rendering. True to his word, the finish has withstood the elements perfectly. I'm glad I chose their services!"
Sophie, from Parramatta
"Our commercial building needed a facelift, and the team at Finishing Touch Rendering did a fantastic job! Ali oversaw the project personally, ensuring everything was done to the highest standard. The transformation was beyond our expectations. I can't recommend them enough!"
Liam, from the Inner West
"I wanted to enhance the value of my property before selling it. A friend recommended Finishing Touch Rendering, and I'm glad they did. Ali and his team did a wonderful job with the cement rendering, and the property was sold at a much higher price than anticipated. I appreciate their commitment to delivering quality work!"